cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CUPC 8 have Webex built in??

JTPhilies_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, im looking at implementing CUPC8.5 now that we have CUPS8.0  (server) installed. can you please tell me whether or not CUPC8.x has the webex functionality built in?

Im queried by my boss as he remembers seeing a marketing video of CUPC with a WEBEX ball within it at the bottom. I was under the impression thats Cisco Webex Connect?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

With CUPC 8.5 you can now launch a WebEx meeting from within it. For example if you've got MeetingPlace with a provisioned WebEx account (be that with or without the WebEx Node for MCS) setup for single sign on, you can now also get CUPC 8.5 to launch a WebEx session without the user logging in again to WebEx.

The release notes mention this a little, but there's not much actual documentation out there on this feature at the moment. You may want to look at this thread which discusses configuration of this.

Awesome thanks for your reply Ben. Yeah the cisco documentation requires some effort to get the information.

So to clarify, Out of the box, CUPC will not do it right? i will require Meeting place or MCS to achieve the webex functionality?

Yes, you'd need MeetingPlace with a WebEx account setup, the WebEx Node for MCS is optional.

What if you just have a stand-alone account with WebEx, without the MeetingPlace server?  Can you sill launch the ad-hoc conference?  This was possible with the 7.X client, but as yet I cannot get it working on 8.X.