Views
Helpful
Replies

DR SITE Migration of CUC, UCCX and IMP

AbteenZ
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We rented out a Datacenter and are trying to have redundancy for our current CUCM, IMP, CUC and UCCX cluster.

CUCM is easy and supported.

I wanted to know if we can vmotion or replicate the cluster nodes for IMP, cuc and uccx and re-ip them or should I break the clusters and build a new node per cluster.

Also is it possible to have 2 cluster per application? One 2 node cluster in HQ and a 2 node cluster in DR?

All the server are on version 11.5

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your CUC, IMP and CCX already have 2 nodes and you want to move one to DR site then vMotion/SCP migration and then re-IP ing is an option, but it would be much easier to simply decouple the servers from the cluster and add new Subs.  Keep in mind that CCX HA server is a licensed feature and if you only have 1 node today you would need to purchase it.

As far as second cluster for DR, it does not make sense as you would need to re-point all configurations, gateways, TFTP options, etc. at a time of DR.  If you have sufficient bandwidth and latency between your sites simply host backup nodes at the DR site.

Thanks for the reply,

We have CCX HA licenses. 

Can you please explain the host backup solution? We have a gig of bandwidth between HQ and DR with 2ms of latency.

Thank you!

You can just shut it down and migrate it, or vMotion, that’s fine. Re addressing the clients is known with mostly a cluster restart needed.

CUC and CCX should replicate, UCM requires you to manage loads , moh , etc if you add a new sub, adjust pools etc.

I would just move it and change the IP via cli, then restart it so rhosts updates and it should be fine. I think there are tech notes on that subject to provide assurance on how to do this.