Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF trace logs on cucm from isdn q931 protocol with mgcp connection

Hello people,

A customer has an issue with DTMF but it occurs once in a while.
We can not open  debugs on the voice gateway, because the traffic is heavy and the voice gateway becomes unresponding,
is there a possibility via SDI or SDL traces in CUCM to find information related to DTMF?

Actually we want to see if the provider is sending the dtmf tones to the voice gateway.

The connection with the provider is isdn q931 , with pri e1 and the protocol between voice gateway and cucm is mgcp.

Regards,

Eleftheria.

3 Replies 3

If the trace settings are high enough, I am sure it is in there. Is logging going to the console of the gateway? I have seen high debug output to the console cause routers to become unresponsive. I always use either "no logging console" or "logging console critical" to prevent that form happening. You can use TranslatorX to parse the log files. https://translatorx.org/ That is an excellent tool written by Paul Giralt of Cisco.

Thank you Elliot.

The SDL traces in CUCM are chaotic. Do you know were on the sdl logs we must search?

Also do you think is better to send messages on syslog server or local buffer?

Regards

Regards,

Eleftheria

@Freedom (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。 wrote:

The SDL traces in CUCM are chaotic. Do you know were on the sdl logs we must search?

They are chaotic which is why I suggested TranslatorX to help parse them. It will break down the original event if you just point it a the top level directory where you downloaded the logs. You would use RTMT to collect the logs. There is also a feature in RTMT to point it at a local file for the log, and it will break things down as well. I prefer TranslatorX because I find it much easier.

Also do you think is better to send messages on syslog server or local buffer?

I tend to capture things being sent to the vty using "term mon", but you have to make sure your SSH/Telenet client has a big enough scrollback window. While I have not experienced this, I have heard that a few messages can be missed this way. TAC clearly prefers syslog or the local log buffer. If you already have a syslog server going, that is probably the easiest way. That is a personal preference thing. The local log buffer doesn't require anything outside of the router, so that is good if you don't have a syslog server or there are bandwidth constraints between the router in question and the syslog server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: