Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual Forking

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi everyone

I wanted to know can someone post the docs for implementing dual forking betweek cucm and lync. Currently we are tying to get it setup where when you call the user's number it will ring on their desk and the softphone. I've looked online myself and everywhere I  go people are all asking about how to do it. so if anyone out there has done this I would love to learn to get this setup.                 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jason Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

So from the description you are attempting to fork the call coming into a desk phone and your Enterprise dialing with Lync?  So your SIP trunk with Lync is directed from the call manager instead of CUPS for RCC right?

If so it appears from online resources this is performed by configuring a single number reach number for your desk phone, so when its called it will extend a secondary call leg to the trunk pointing to Lync. I'm not entirely sure if there's documenttion on this as I was not able to find any, but from a high level that's what you need to do.

You just need to ensure the re-routing calling search space on the device is configured so it will be routed to the SIP trunk to Lync.  And of course that the SNR number configured is that of your Lync device.

Regards,

Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jason Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

So from the description you are attempting to fork the call coming into a desk phone and your Enterprise dialing with Lync?  So your SIP trunk with Lync is directed from the call manager instead of CUPS for RCC right?

If so it appears from online resources this is performed by configuring a single number reach number for your desk phone, so when its called it will extend a secondary call leg to the trunk pointing to Lync. I'm not entirely sure if there's documenttion on this as I was not able to find any, but from a high level that's what you need to do.

You just need to ensure the re-routing calling search space on the device is configured so it will be routed to the SIP trunk to Lync.  And of course that the SNR number configured is that of your Lync device.

Regards,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: