cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUCS license with 405

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have to supply a Unity UM system with Domino Integration, does the DUCS license that comes with 405 for Domino( UNITY-UM-USR-DC) include the DUCS server/admin element for the Domino server and also the CS Client thats installed on the clients ? Does it include a Lotus client for the Unity server?

If I have hardware that has 2 processors will I have to buy a DUCS license per processor(how does the Unity UM with DUCS license stand with respect to multiple processors)?

6 Replies 6

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DUCs is not supplied by Cisco; you would have to contact IBM for the licensing.

As of the Unity 4.0.5 release the DUC software is included with the Unity software when you purchase a Domino UM system. Also, the cost of DUC is included in the user license. You no longer have to go to IBM for this.

Doug Rufalo

CSE-Unity

Cisco Systems

Doug, Hin thanks for your replies - what happens if the server has multiple processors do we need a DUC license for each or are we covered by the one(unless I'm mistaken I thought it was a license per processor).

The multiple processor licensing does not apply any longer. When you purchase the UM for Domino user license, DUC is included and you can install it where needed.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

thanks for the reply

Are you referencing the client side DUCs software only? Or are you saying I dont need to go to IBM to get the DUCs software for the Lotus Notes servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: