Views
Helpful
Replies

DUCs V.1.2.2 Client Very Slow to load VoiceMail

palves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've just installed a new Unity Domino unified messaging server. For some reason, when opening a voicemail, it takes 10-15 seconds to open the email (it plays right away when the email finally opens and the media player comes up). This is not normal since a user can open a 5-10 Mbyte file in 1 or 2 seconds. Normal .wav files don't take that long either. Also, even on clients without DUC installed yet, it still takes just as long (any voicemail takes a long time).

I find this a little strange since the voicemail files are stored in the Domino Mail Store (right??).

Anyone experience similar issues?

thanks,

Paul

7 Replies 7

jpattishall
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same problem when we allowed the DUCS install to create the template. If you manually add the template items to your mailfile, you may have better luck.

Any idea how to do this?? I recall that option, but I'm not certain how to do this.

thanks,

Paul

Hi

We're using DUC 1.2.2 with Notes 6.5 environment, we never leaved DUC installer to update our own template. It causes a lot of trouble, especially if you're also using iNotes. In order to update the templates manualy, you have to 'right-click' on you maulfile icone and do a Database -> Replace Design. as the template server choose the one where your mailfile is installed (should be the same as the DUC server) and choose the option "Show advanced Template" then check the list internaly we 're using the templacte UC iNotes Mail R6 Blue (UCInotesR6Blue.ntf). You should be all set.

PO

pgregory
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

When you install DUCS there is a DLL called ucres_enu.dll that gets created in the Lotus Notes client folder (C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes by default). There is an issue in that this is a US English resource.

If you are using a localised version of Notes/DUVS then the DUCS client will attempt to open a localised version of that DLL resource. If it's a UK english implementation then simply copy ucres_enu.dll to ucres_eng.dll and and your voice form should open properly. If it's another language then you'll need to use something like sys internals filemon utility to figure out the filename that the app is trying to find.

This is a bug; it's acknowledged in the the DUCS 1.2.2 release notes.

Paul Gregory

I would like to add those infos about the localised version of Notes. In fact you have to duplicate and rename (if you want to be able to switch the regional settings in Windows parameters for the language) the ucres_XXX.dll to the following file according the language. you'll find below the details:

For

BPortuguese

ptb so it will give ucres_ptb.dll

Dutch

nld so it will give ucres_nld.dll

French

fra so it will give ucres_fra.dll

German

deu so it will give ucres_deu.dll

Italian

ita so it will give ucres_ita.dll

Spanish

esn so it will give ucres_esn.dll

TChinese

cht so it will give ucres_cht.dll

SChinese

chs so it will give ucres_chs.dll

Japanese

jpn so it will give ucres_jpn.dll

Korean

kor so it will give ucres_kor.dll

The big issue with DUC is also that this software can't be installed on a ghost (or we did not find how), which is a pain if you have to deploy a lot of clients... If some of you have ideas they're welcome ! :-)

Thanks

PO

thanks for all the feedback.

I believe it may actually be the anti virus software on the Computers. When it's disabled it appears to be fine.

I have some more testing to do, but it looks promissing.

Yes it is the virus scanner. Just set the scanner to ignore .wav files.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: