cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E.164 Alternate extension ILS GDPR

David Winther
Level 1
Level 1

I Have this customer who wants to be able to dial E164 numbers across all cluster and between sites on same cluster. Today they are using 4 digits numbers on all phones.

Now we have added the +E.164 alternate extension in the CUCM for all phones, added the E164 patterns in GDPR and enabled ILS. And that seems to work very well.

My problem is when a phone in one country dials E164 number to i phone in another country then the calling number is the 4 digit extension, which we are unable to callback. I would like the calling number to be the E164.

One solution to this could be adding a translation pattern (with the same pattern as the E164 GDPR pattern) and check use external phone number mask, and then add E164 to all phones external phone number mask. My problem with this is that some phone are using group numbers as external phone number mask because they will not allow DID to external calls.

So i am missing this parameter in the CUCM, when dialing E.164 alternate extension use calling partys E.164 alternate extension. :-)

Any good ideas?

1 Reply 1

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

Greetings!

My suggestion would be...

For such group numbers,  you can use Number presentation transformation for caller id on the phone itself.It will override the external phone number mask and you will be able to allow DID to external calls

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: