cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E.164 Attendant Console Transfer to VM.

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a CUAC deployment that uses E.164 numbers.  Works great but having problems trying prefix a * to send to vm via clicking transfer to vm. CTIRP exist and CUAC to configure to prefix * but it looks like this feature might not work. with CUCM or CUAC.  Everything I try I get a invalid destination

Anyone know if there is has been any type work around established for this.  Found the following from 2012. Anyone know anything more recent about this.

http://forum.arcsolutions.com/showthread.php?3150-Forward-to-Voicemail-and-e164

This E.164 dialing the recommendation in the SRNDs this feature not working seems off to me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hitekuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Greg,

Have you tried changing the Max number of Digits under General configuration on Attendant Console webadmin page. Make sure you have 12(E.164) + 1(*) = 13, configured to accept * while dialling to Call Manager. When you are dialling, dial it using your keyboard (just under Active call section), eg, *+1408895XXXX. You would see only *+1408895XXX being dialed out in traces if it incorrectly configured.

Also, the CSS/Partitions needs to be taken care of. Check if the *+E.164 dialing works from your local device (IPphone). This would isolate if the issue is with call routing on CM or Attendant Console. I have the same setup and it works.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Hitesh Kumar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hitekuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Greg,

Have you tried changing the Max number of Digits under General configuration on Attendant Console webadmin page. Make sure you have 12(E.164) + 1(*) = 13, configured to accept * while dialling to Call Manager. When you are dialling, dial it using your keyboard (just under Active call section), eg, *+1408895XXXX. You would see only *+1408895XXX being dialed out in traces if it incorrectly configured.

Also, the CSS/Partitions needs to be taken care of. Check if the *+E.164 dialing works from your local device (IPphone). This would isolate if the issue is with call routing on CM or Attendant Console. I have the same setup and it works.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Hitesh Kumar

old

Hitesh,

After assigning a *+1E.164 speed dial to my phone I realized that the phone could not dial the *+1.64 pattern.

I re-examed my CTI route point and it was wrong. Looks like the + was being seen as a wild card. I went to correct the issue and got the error message of Add failed. + may only be used at the start of a DN. IT is not valid after the first digit. See attached screen shot.

How did you get past this restriction?  I trust you that it is working for you lab but I am failing to see how to overcome this problem.  Did you create a application dial rule to get past the issue of not being able to create *+ dn on a CTIRP.

Looks like it has worked for others in the following link.. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12105906/unity-connection-direct-transfer-voicemail-e164-extensions

Just wanted to verify with you.

Thank you for your time.

Greg

Just in case anyone else reads this post.

I actually used a translation rule in a partition that the phone had access to take *+.1 and 10 digitws number and strip predot and then prefix a * so the number would match the CTIRP that works for normal * 10 digits.