Views
Helpful
Replies

E-SRST vs SRST

hlow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to understand when you would use E-SRST as opposed to SRST.  What are these scenarios?

Thanks

Helena

37 Replies 37

The STD license through Cisco is per server(2CPU) so yes you would double it. I cannot comment on Vsphere licensing.

Thanks

Srini

Thank you. You have made my day.

Could you please point me to where I can go to learn more about the voice product that will discuss extensively how to order, what to order and licensing requirement. I really need to learn a lot more as it concerns Unified Communications and Collaboration.

A lot of places to start, the link with the OG has details on ordering. The information isn’t all in one place, SRND for UC, docwiki for UCS, this community(Product licensing section) etc

Telepresence has it’s own portal too so one would have to work with many sites to digest information.

Thanks

Srini

Hello Srini,

Thanks so much for all your help I really appreciate it.

No worries..glad to help

Thanks

Srini

The VMware software is free but you need to pay for support; this is required on UCS.  Also, ESXi 4.1 is supported and not 5.0.  You can also add these to vCenter to view but you can not add non-UCS applications to the additional storage.

Hi

Thanks for the quick response.

Does it mean we can have CME in all seven sites? I thought there must be at least one CUCM at the HQ.

Can I use CME in all 7 sites in a distributed deployment scenario?

As I mentioned I would stay away from CCME. It makes more sense to have a centralized deployment with CME/SRST for failover back for the branch sites. CCME is not being positioned for call control anymore

Thanks

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: