cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email notification for MeetingPlace not being received

fei.he
Level 1
Level 1

Client has MeetingPlace 7.1.1 installed. Outlook email notification for MeetingPlace stopped working.

Problem symptom:  When users try to schedule a meeting from web server page, both scheduler and invitee do not receive email notifcaiton in their email account.  But email notification for MeetingPlace works when users schedule meeting from MeetingPlace for Outlook Plug-in regardlessly.

I've run a test with client, meeting creation is successful. But as soon as user finishs creation meeting, email notification is "Queued for delivery" in Email Notification Report in MeetingPlace App Admin page. I checked all possible settings in MeetingPlace Administration page, nothing looks wrong - correct email address account and type in user profile; SMTP server is properly configured and passes tha test; SMTP server is up and runnin. 

I'm stumped after deep research online, did not go anywhere. Can someone point out where could possible go wrong and how to fix this issue??

Fei

5 Replies 5

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

Email notification works differently depending on where the scheduling is done. When done from Outlook your Outlook client sends the request directly to Exchange. When scheduling from the web the invite is held in a mailbox on the Application Server and periodically the system tries to send the email to its mailbox on Exchange.  Since the issues is with meetings scheduled via the web interface there is an issue with MP talking to Exchange.  I assume the users scheduling from the web have Outlook selected in their profile. This is the first place to check. Next I would look at the Outlook settings in MP. Make sure the MP mailbox is still in Exchange and that the user name and password is correct for the Exchange mailbox. This is usually where the issue is. Also make sure that SSL has not become a requirement to talk with Exchange.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John

Hi John

Thx for you reply. This issue is currently impact company wide (3000+ users) so i dont think this is something need to be check on individual user profile. I had everything checked regarding question you asked above, all looks good. Exchange server test on MP is successfully (that i will assume that MP mailbox is still in Exchange server and username/password is correct).  

Is there any logs I can collect to see whether any notification is sent to MP mail box on Exchange from MP server when schedule from MP web server?

Cheers.

I was refering to the MeetingPlace Exchange account which is used when scheduling from Outlook.  It is best to verify that this account is still active as all web invites are sent to this account on Exchange.  I would schedule a couple of meetings via the web and view the logs.  If you don't see anything there, run the System Information Capture report.  This will give you all the logs.  Not sure which log to check but you should find information.

Dear Fei

Are you change the SMTP credentials or Server address?

if yes, can you restart the server or services.

regards

Sajeel

Hi Sajeel

We did not change SMTP credentials or server address at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: