cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder - e-mail alerts

brian.k.clarke
Level 5
Level 5

Is it possible to have CER somehow report the primary user of the phone that initiated the emergency call, rather than just the phone extension?

I've been through the Admin guide, and can't find a definite answer on this.

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

andre-wright
Level 1
Level 1

CER can only report information populated on it's switch port, IP subnet, or ERL ALI location field.  In order to capture something to this effect you have to configure your zones (ERLs) to the user's cubicle or office.  I don't recommend this design approach because it defeats the benefits of Emergency Responder and it cause an administrative management nightmare.  CER will always present the phone number but with the switchport description you can designate the user of the phone.  Again this is not automatically and not recommended but can be done if you really need to present the user.

View solution in original post

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

In our system we put port descriptions on every LAN switch with the building name and area of the building (ex. Building-HQ_Floor-2_Area-1). I don't think their is any way to get the name to show up beyond putting it in the interface description, but like anre-wright said that could be an admin nightmare if people move desks frequently. Best you can do is have people who get the notification look up the number in their direcory to get a name.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

andre-wright
Level 1
Level 1

CER can only report information populated on it's switch port, IP subnet, or ERL ALI location field.  In order to capture something to this effect you have to configure your zones (ERLs) to the user's cubicle or office.  I don't recommend this design approach because it defeats the benefits of Emergency Responder and it cause an administrative management nightmare.  CER will always present the phone number but with the switchport description you can designate the user of the phone.  Again this is not automatically and not recommended but can be done if you really need to present the user.

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

In our system we put port descriptions on every LAN switch with the building name and area of the building (ex. Building-HQ_Floor-2_Area-1). I don't think their is any way to get the name to show up beyond putting it in the interface description, but like anre-wright said that could be an admin nightmare if people move desks frequently. Best you can do is have people who get the notification look up the number in their direcory to get a name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: