cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder Server/User License 1.3 to 8.0

Kensjules
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is a quote I put together to get the customer from CER 1.3 to CER 8.0. I have documented 3 steps, looking for validation:

Step 1: Customers upgrading to Cisco Emergency Responder 8.0 from Cisco Emergency Responder 2.0, Cisco Emergency Responder 7.0, or Cisco Emergency Responder 7.1 should order the desired quantity of Cisco Emergency Responder user licenses and Cisco Emergency Responder 8.0 server software. Part Number: SW-ER-7.1-7816-K9= x Qty 1.

Step 2: Cisco Emergency Responder 1.0 user licenses will NOT be recognized by Cisco Emergency Responder 7.1. Customers must order Cisco Emergency Responder 2.0 user license upgrades from Cisco Emergency Responder 1.0, at no cost...Cisco Emergency Responder 2.0 user licenses will be recognized by Cisco Emergency Responder 7.1. Part Number: KEY-ER2.X-UPG-100= x Qty 6.

Step 3: Customers upgrading to Cisco Emergency Responder 8.0 from Cisco Emergency Responder 2.0, Cisco Emergency Responder 7.0, or Cisco Emergency Responder 7.1 should order the desired quantity of Cisco Emergency Responder user licenses and Cisco Emergency Responder 8.0 server software. Part Number: ER-USR-LIC-10-MIG x Qty 6, plus UCSS.

1 Reply 1

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There should be no need for Step 1 and paying for the server licenses. Step 2 will give you the CER 2.X user licenses free of charge so that you can move to 7.X. However as a part of Step 3 you are using the 3X3 program and committing to 3 yr UCSS which is required for all customers except Govt/Edu. So you get the rights for CER server licenses included within it. So in my mind just like CUCM 3X3 program where no matter what release you are at even if it is a 2 step upgrade to CUCM 8 you get rights to the intermediate CUCM releases to get to 8, the same should apply with CER 3X3 program

Thanks

Srini