Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Visual Voicemail in Bullk

drikilbride
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have visual voicemail setup for a few users in Unity and it is working really well.

We would now like to enable it for all our other 200+ users. Is there an easy way to enable it for everyone or do we have to do it on a user by user basis?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Since everything is already setup on the UCONN side you can simply go into UCM and create a new IP Phone Service for Visual Voicemail.  When setting that service up you can select for it to be an Enterprise Subscription which would make it available for everyone.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks Tony - I will try that. Much appreciated.

Just one more question. At the moment I am going into Unity and manually setting the Message Action Settings - is there anyway to automate this process?

You shouldn't have to modify the Message Action Settings in order for Visual Voicemail to function or are you just asking in general?

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

The person who originally set the system up told me that in order for it to work correctly and send the email alerts into exchange (once a vm has been left ) I would need to set these settings under each user account. Is this incorrect?

At the moment the default option selected in this section is Accept the Message.

Thanks!

In my installations the default Accept message action works fine when using Unified Messaging via Exchange.  Not knowing your environment, it's hard to say.  If you have users who are set to Accept and Relay and the message is being sent to an external mail account, then of course that setting needs to remain.  Either way the message action does not need touched when implementing Visual Voicemail.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks Tony. At the moment users don't have voice mails coming into their outlook inbox until these settings are set. I'm not sure how the engineer has configured it to be honest. Is there a way of setting these settings in a batch rather than individually?

When you mentioned this earlier - "When setting that service up you can select for it to be an Enterprise Subscription which would make it available for everyone."

Could the engineer have set this service up to apply to a certain group rather than everyone?

Thanks again.

You can only make a phone service available to everyone while it is being created (there will be a checkbox for Enterprise Subscription).  Once the service is created the checkbox is no longer available.  This means that the service can then only be subscribed to from each individual phone.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: