cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Mix-mode on CUCM 11.5.1SU4

Matthew S
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, I've been having some trouble with a new deployment and I'm guessing I'm just missing something but for some reason I cannot get Mix-Mode to turn on in the CLI for CUCM. 

I'm running CUCM 11.5.1SU4 with the proper encryption license uploaded on PLM but whenever I run the utils ctl set-cluster mixed-mode the terminal just freezes and I cant enter a "Y" to enable it. 

If anyone has an idea let me know. 

Thanks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's really all you need to do in regards to the actual process of enabling mixed-mode.

https://youtu.be/0FDABxcBLy0

I'd try to restart the server and try after that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's really all you need to do in regards to the actual process of enabling mixed-mode.

I'd try to restart the server and try after that.

HTH

java

Jaime, great video as always, followed your CMS one few month back and it was extremely helpful. 

It's certainly a weird error I'm getting here. I've done this before on a 11.5.1SU2 cluster 6 months ago and hit no issues. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that it has no other 11.5 license on it yet. Got the encryption one first and figured I'd just get it together. 

I've tried through putty and Vsphere console and both just hang at the This operation will set the cluster to Mixed mode. Do you want to continue? (y/n): step and I cannot enter "y" or anything else for that matter. The only I can do is click enter (as shown in the attached picture) to bring up a duplicate line.

I've let it go for over an hour so I figured your sped up part of that wasn't that long. 

No, that is definitely not something that goes for an hour, it might vary depending on load, but for my lab it was around 5 minutes, or less.

Do you have CA signed certs? or self-signed?

HTH

java

Call Manager/Tomcat are signed by an Internal CA with CAPF still using the self-signed cert. All Call Manager/Tomcat/CAPF - Trust certs have my root CA trusted. 

It's strange that I cant even type a "n" like I made a mistake and want to back out. Basically seems like it locks after I type the command. 

So a little unconventional but I ran it again but I was frustrated so decided to hit Enter and Y back to back a couple times and watched for about 20 minutes the came back and it appears to have worked. 

I'm going to assume it's something resource based as it truly kept sitting there for an hour. In any event it's working now. 

That's weird, I'd look at resource usage and IO wait in your server to confirm if that's really the case.

HTH

java

Just had the same behavior on 11.5(1)SU6. Tried slowly pressing Y then Enter in case it was a keyboard latency issue, since Ctrl+C would eventually quit the command after a few minutes' wait. Your button mash trick finally got it running for me.

admin:
admin:utils ctl set-cluster mixed-mode
This operation will set the cluster to Mixed mode. Auto-registration is enabled on at least one CM node. Do you want to continue? (y/n):
This operation will set the cluster to Mixed mode. Auto-registration is enabled on at least one CM node. Do you want to continue? (y/n):

Control-C pressed

admin:utils ctl set-cluster mixed-mode

Moving Cluster to Mixed Mode
Cluster set to Mixed Mode
Please Restart Cisco Tftp, Cisco CallManager and Cisco CTIManager services on all nodes in the cluster that run these services.

Hi Jaime,

The video is unavailable.

Regards,

Shinas

YT shutdown my channel since November, still working out the new home for the videos, in the meantime, you can review the documentation from CCO on enabling mixed mode.

HTH

java

shinas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I also faced this issue yesterday when I tried to configure mixed mode on CUCM 11.5.1SU5. Then I restarted the node and tried again and it worked fine.

Regards,

Shinas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: