cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End User missing voicemail box

joshclarkson1
Level 1
Level 1

I have an end user in my system who I can't seem to find the setting that enables their voicemail box. I've gone through this before and was able to find the setting, but hadn't taken note of it. Basically, I've been through the various screens of settings and compared with my other users, but can't find a noticeable difference.  Our Cisco Unity Connection Administration is ver. 8.6.2. The phones we are using include 7965 and 7911's. The user's extension is active and can be reached from internal and external numbers, but when the user clicks "Msgs" on his 7911, he is met by the operator saying "Your call cannot be completed as dialed...".

Thanks and let me know your suggestions,

Josh

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Login to Unity Connection admin page and create a new User with matching extension of the phone, while creating the user make sure you select template with voicemail box.

HTH,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the response. The only problem I have using this solution is my users are imported via LDAP and our Active Directory server. Let me know if there is an alternative to just recreating the user using a different template.

Cheers,

Josh

Josh,

Then you build the same LDAP integration on UCXN and instead of building the user as new user, you perform import from LDAP. This is how 90% of the deployments are done.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: