cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Equipment Needed CUCM to Router

dwyman41
Level 1
Level 1

I have a piece of equipment we are trying to replace with something more commercially available.  It sits between our CUCM server and our Voice Router, along with a layer 2 switch.  It takes our CUCM traffic and converts it into a T1.  Our Voice Router has a T1/E1 card.  We want to get away from specialized equipment and get something that is easier to get support with.  The overall topology goes CUCM>L2 Switch>Trunk Equipment>Voice Router.  I think a VG would be what we need but want to be sure I am looking at all the right things and am not missing any protocol information that could throw me through a loop.

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is difficult to guess what device you are using and its purpose. Is it normal network cable or T1 link going from Trunk equipment to VG? Do you have direct connection from VG to L2 switch? Is it possible to post the picture or model number of this equipment?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Currently the device we have is a Shout and I would like to replace it with something more user friendly.  We have CAT5 ethernet cables that connect each device.  I'm just not sure what exactly I need to replace the Shout with that will give us the same functionality.

Hi,

This is what I found from this URL (Page #4):SHOUT— IP Telephony Provisioning Platform 

SHOUT is a flexible IP telephony platform that supports a variety of voice capabilities for enterprises, government and service providers, such as long-distance VoIP, hosted IP telephony, calling card services, and interactive voice response (IVR) solutions for call centers and help desks. SHOUT merges call control signaling and transport functionality into a single platform.

So, it looks like you may be using this device for one of the services. You need to figure out which service you are using in your environment and look for alternate solution. 

SHOUT platform was from Network Equipment Technologies which is now acquired by Ribbon Communications (https://ribboncommunications.com/ ). May be you can reach out to them to get more insights about this product and its replacement. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.