Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error message of MAC flapping for CCM-UC installed in UCS server

Dear All,

I have a strange issue, I have the 2 UCS servers setup with CCM & unity Connection running on each server on PUB - SUB mode.

I'm getting following error message on the Switch where the UCS server Connects.

I'm unable to trace why we are getting this error message, There is no problem with accessing CCM or UC, also the Phone & Voice mail seem to working.

un  25 13:15:14.853: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 000c.2911.db00 in vlan  410 is flapping between port Gi1/0/34 and port Gi1/0/33

Jun 25  13:15:28.828: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 000c.2911.db00 in vlan 410  is flapping between port Gi1/0/34 and port Gi1/0/33

Jun 25  13:15:44.145: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 000c.2911.db00 in vlan 410  is flapping between port Gi1/0/34 and port Gi1/0/33

Has anybody expereinced such error before, Appreciate your help in tracing this error.

Thanks,

Oliver

3 Replies 3

Gaurav Purohit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I believe you'll get better answer at:

"https://supportforums.cisco.com/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=true&userID=&containerType=14&container=2003&spotlight=true&q=UCS"

my best guess is to check the LAN config on the UCS. It seems its trying to load balance the traffic in Active-Active rather than Active-Standby.

HTH

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Oliver,

Did you configure the UCS servers or the LAN switch that the UCS servers are connected to, as an ethercannel (load balancing)? If you didn't configure the UCS servers with MIC teaming (load balancing), verify with the network administrator, that the switchports connected to the UCS servers, are not setup as an etherchannel. If the ports are setup as an etherchannel, then you will need to make the changes to the VMWare network vSwitch as seen below:

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: