Helpful
Replies

Error on cisco unity connection

akram.root
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

I have a cuc version 10.5 ,i have a problem this error showed in the system:

Cisco Unity Connection cannot accept new messages, and you may not be able to upgrade Connection. The location where messages are stored has reached the maximum capacity specified on the Disk Capacity page. You can still send broadcast messages. Instruct Connection users to immediately delete unneeded voice message, and wait up to 30 minutes for the CleanDeleteMessages task to remove deleted messages from the hard disk.

Do you have any idea with this error , and how can i solve it ?

Best regards 

2 Replies 2

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The message store is too large. You can create additional message database stores, but I don't know off the top of my head how to move users to another message store.

You can establish message aging to try and purge old messages from the system as well. Deleting old mailboxes may help - there's a user logon report which can provide some insight into mailboxes which are stale, but, I believe it only accounts for users who have used the TUI to sign in, and not CUMI/Jabber, who are using mail relay, etc.

This thread offers a database query to help find perhaps large mailboxes:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/cuc-server-message-states-it-is-full-and-no-more-messages-can-be/td-p/4107520

The bulk delete utility available on the cisco unity tools website can be handy to purge those mailboxes. However, use with care as you cannot "undo".

I'm not positive on that version but I believe message stores have a warning level for size, where the system should have been asserting you're at/over, before it filled up completely.

This is the message you will receive when the CUC hard drive hits the Disk Capacity limit (95% by default) as set at System > Advanced > Disk Capacity. It means that your hard drive is filling up and CUC won't allow new files to be written.

Your users will need to delete messages, possibly old log files need to be purged, but the bottom line is that you will either need to free up hard drive space or increase the hard drive space. (And keep in mind that messages that have been deleted but are still tombstoned are counted as they still exist.)

What is the message aging policy for your users' mailboxes? And what is the limit (and current size) of the message store(s)?

If your hard drive is not full, then it is possible you have hit some weird bug and it would be time to call TAC in that case.

Maren