cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Establishing TAC Cases in VMWare Environment

Chris Pohlad-Thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was curious how the procedure changes with submitting TAC cases in a VMWare environment. I know in the previous situation, when I had physical machines I could get the serial number off the machine or in the CLI. How do you do this in the VMWare environment. How do they associate your software (in our case, CUCM, CUC and CUCCX) with your support contracts?           

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yup - just stick in a partial product code, e.g. jab for jabber, cucm for cucm etc.... site name, country.... and it retrieves parts associated with the contracts on my CCO account.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris

I generally associate my TAC cases with software part numbers - as 99/100 times these days it's a software defect I need to address. They don't require serials... at least on the online request tool.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

So instead of choosing the serial number option you search in the section below that?

Yup - just stick in a partial product code, e.g. jab for jabber, cucm for cucm etc.... site name, country.... and it retrieves parts associated with the contracts on my CCO account.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: