cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eTokens are lost, the ctl file that is installed in the phones, will be necessary delete manually?

joseivan_11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everyone!

I have some questions, we plan to update cucm in Mix mode 9.1.2 to 10.5 but the tokens are lost.

1.-For this update tokens are required?

In case of purchasing new tokens and associating them according to

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified...

2.-The ctl file that is installed in the phones, will be necessary delete manually the old ctl or the phones when boot will upload the new ctl file?

The phones are 9971 and 8945

This is because of the number of telephones, which are many and in different sites

Thank´s in advanced!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BAT does show CAPF options, but there are also 3rd party tools for this.

Try with a couple of phones and see how it works.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Didn't you already ask this?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13247356/upgrade-cucm-mix-mode

HTH

java

Hi, Jaime

Yes, in fact it was from 9.1 to 9.1.2 and it was done without any problem, which I grateful for your answer. But now it's a major update 9.1.2 to 10.5

So I just want to validate if it would be the same behavior, if a major update is done

But above all the doubt I have is for the association of the new etoken, if the ctl file that is installed on the phones of the previous tokens, it is necessary to delete them manually on each phone, because of the number of telephones, which are many and in different sites

Greetings and thanks for your answer

It would be the same, the CTL requires the CTL client to be updated (and the keys), since you don't have them, it cannot be updated by the system.

If you're going to buy new tokens, yes, you will need to remove the CTL file from the phones, before creating the new one with the new keys and pushing it to the devices.

HTH

java

Hi, Jaime 

Thanks for your quick response

Ok, yes I will need remove the CTL file from the phones, but this task has to be done manually, phone by phone?

Or is there any tool, such as a BAT that helps make this process.

Regards

BAT does show CAPF options, but there are also 3rd party tools for this.

Try with a couple of phones and see how it works.

HTH

java