Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2007 and 2010 with Unity Connection 8.6

tuck74055
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have unity connection 8.6 and exchange 2007 currently in place and runnign fine. I am ready to start migrating mailboxes over to our new exchange 2010 farm and as such we will be in co-exsistance with exchange 2007 and 2010 for awhile. What are the steps or procdures to also include exchange 2010 with the 2007 in unity connections? Currently under Smart Host is the IP address of our exchange 2007 server.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This depends on how you plan on performing the migration. I would suggest the following:

-Creating a new unified messaging service for Exch 2010. You can re-use the same service account name as long as you completed the configuration steps for that integration.

-As you move over user's mailboxes from 2007 to 2010, you can delete the 2007 UM service and add the new 2010 UM service. If you want to change many users at a time you'll need to use bulk administration to change them. If you use BAT to change accounts, see the link below where I have listed them out for another CSC user.

-You can change the Smart Host setting once you have configured the Exch 2010 enviornment to handle your main corporate mail (changing the MX records to point to a 2010 Edge Transport).

Changing the UM service with BAT:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3572200#3572200

Good luck.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This depends on how you plan on performing the migration. I would suggest the following:

-Creating a new unified messaging service for Exch 2010. You can re-use the same service account name as long as you completed the configuration steps for that integration.

-As you move over user's mailboxes from 2007 to 2010, you can delete the 2007 UM service and add the new 2010 UM service. If you want to change many users at a time you'll need to use bulk administration to change them. If you use BAT to change accounts, see the link below where I have listed them out for another CSC user.

-You can change the Smart Host setting once you have configured the Exch 2010 enviornment to handle your main corporate mail (changing the MX records to point to a 2010 Edge Transport).

Changing the UM service with BAT:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3572200#3572200

Good luck.

Ok, thank you very much. In this statement are you referring to the area in each users properties "

you can delete the 2007 UM service and add the new 2010 UM service"?

Thanks again!

Hi,

Yes, each user has a UM service linked to their account (if they are participating in single inbox). Select a user > edit > unifed messaging > click the link to the um service.

The only way to change the um service if one has already been linked to a user is to delete it from the user and add the new one back.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Bradley, thank you for all of your help. I changed the smart host to the IP address of my exchange 2010 NLB (the CAS Array) and then instead of creating an additional um service I simply changed my current one from the "Specify an Exchange Server" to "Search for Exchange Servers" and selected the "Exchange 2007 and/or 2010" Option. Everything appears to working correctly. Thanks again!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: