cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2010 MWI CUCME 8.6

rbrocks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.  I have recently decided to get in to Cisco's phone offerings with my ISR2 (2911) and have been looking to integrate Exchange 2010 UM with CUCME.  Setting up the dial peer was easy, as was getting the phones to register via SIP and programming the phones appropriately to be able to call in to Exchange as well as each other.  What I can't seem to get working is the MWI.  I keep getting Event ID 1344 on the Exchange server saying that communication of MWI "failed with 481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist."  I have been scouring the Internet trying to find what I have configured incorrectly, to no avail.  It's my understanding that all I need are the following configuration lines to get this to work:

sip-ua

mwi-server dns:<UM host FQDN> expires 3600 port 5065 transport tcp unsolicited

Not sure if the port should be the standard SIP 5060, the 5065 that Exchange seems to want to use for the dial peer, or something else, I've tried both 5060 and 5065.  Neither have worked.  I have also tried both ports with a udp transport.  I'm assuming there's something I'm missing here..  Any help would be much appreciated.

2 Replies 2

rbrocks
Level 1
Level 1

269 views and no replies..  I assume by this that I'm not the only person with this general problem.  Anyone want to chime in here?

Ok, so I figured it out though I don't understand why it doesn't work as expected...  If you change the "dns:" in the mwi-server command to "ipv4:255.255.255.255," it works great.  I'll have to follow up later on this but at least I know the configuration I have works.  If anybody knows why this behaves this way and would like to let the rest of us in, that would be awesome.  At this point, I'm going to assume it's an issue in IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: