Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway-E support for 3rd Party Video Conferences

Darren Lynn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm trying to understand if The Expressway-E can communicate with 3rd party Cloud based MCU's (Such as Blue Jeans) like the VCS-E can?

All other solution requirements are met with the Expressway-C and Expressway-E solution.

If the Expressway-E cant perform this function, is there any other way without using the VCS-E and paying for the traversal licenses (mobile Jabber / home TP). VPN may still be an option, but the customer is trying to move away from VPN.

Second question - Can the VCS-E communicate directly with CUCM 10.x now that it has all VCS capabilities?

Cheers

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes it can we use it all the time. Expressway and VCS are built on the same code base so dialing external URI is the same.

Of course RMS licensing is needed in this case too on both C and E

UCM 10.5 doesn't have all the capabilities. VCS is still needed for firewall traversal, H323 registration, FIND ME with Lync.

VCS-C and E or Expwy-C/E talk to each other and set up a neighbor relationship. UCM doesn't take the place of VCS-C/Expwy-C

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes it can we use it all the time. Expressway and VCS are built on the same code base so dialing external URI is the same.

Of course RMS licensing is needed in this case too on both C and E

UCM 10.5 doesn't have all the capabilities. VCS is still needed for firewall traversal, H323 registration, FIND ME with Lync.

VCS-C and E or Expwy-C/E talk to each other and set up a neighbor relationship. UCM doesn't take the place of VCS-C/Expwy-C

So to Clarify,

I can remove VCS, register endpoints to CUCM.

Install Expressway-C and E

Purchase a few RMS licenses for external communications

This should then allow the following

1. communication to Blue jeans for external MCU

2. allow mobile jabber / remote TP units without VPN (with registration to CUCM)

Cheers

Darren

Right that would work and is the preferred direction of Cisco to move away from VCS registration.

Thanks!