Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway License C and E

kelvinffhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have received 2 PAK from Cisco for the Expressway. Understand that we need to install the VCS control and convert it to the Expressway C or E based on the license. Right?

Below is the PAKs I received from Cisco

1) LIC-EXP-E-PAK Expressway Series, Expressway-E PAK 1 (Expressway E License)
            After Extracted
                     - LIC-EXP-AN                     
                     - LIC-EXP-SERIES                
                     - LIC-EXP-GW                     
                     - LIC-EXP-TURN                   
                     - LIC-EXP-E

2) LIC-SW-EXP-K9 License Key Software Encrypted 1 (Release Key, only 1? C or E should I install the release key?)

May I know how do I convert it to the Expressway C ? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Kelvin

You are missing 1 release key. You should have received 2 LIC-SW-EXP-K9. Usually the 2nd PAK is on the second page of the PDF.

For the LIC-EXP-E-PAK you should register for the following options one on each Expressway:
- LIC-EXP-SERIES
- LIC-EXP-GW

The following options are only needed on the Expressway-E:
- LIC-EXP-AN
- LIC-EXP-TURN
- LIC-EXP-E

HTH
Stefan

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Need to install the release key first, then install the LIC-EXP-SERIES and LIC-EXP-GW to make an appliance Exp-C and install LIC-EXP-SERIES, LIC-EXP-GW, LIC-EXP-E, LIC-EXP-TURN and LIC-EXP-AN to make an appliance Exp-E.

Please rate useful posts.

But there required the Serial Number. Would that possible to apply the release key in same PAK code but different serial number? How is it?

Thanks for your expert opinion.

Yes, you have to do partial fulfilment. Basically, select one of each of the part number above and put in the respective part number of the profuct you are activating. Repeat the above procedure for the other part number.

Thanks George. Let me try on it. Thanks your valuable information. Appreciated.

Hi, I tried to put in the same PAK code to generate another License for Expressway C. It seems doesn't work as it was with the Expressway E.

It showing completely fulfill in cisco.com/go/license

At this point, you will have to contact licensing@cisco.com so that they should be able to help you further.

Yes I have the same issue . And they only give answers like. Only put this, and this over that and thats all.

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Kelvin

You are missing 1 release key. You should have received 2 LIC-SW-EXP-K9. Usually the 2nd PAK is on the second page of the PDF.

For the LIC-EXP-E-PAK you should register for the following options one on each Expressway:
- LIC-EXP-SERIES
- LIC-EXP-GW

The following options are only needed on the Expressway-E:
- LIC-EXP-AN
- LIC-EXP-TURN
- LIC-EXP-E

HTH
Stefan

Thanks Stefan,

Your answer are valuable/details for me. Appreciate that.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the clarifying answer!

Cheers,

Tássio Duarte

Hi Stefan,

I have 4 PAK LIC-SW-EXP-K9 (i guess 2 for expressway-e and 2 for expressway-c) and 1 PAK LIC-EXP-E-PAK.

LIC-EXP-E-PAK contains following SKU:

LIC-EXP-E-PAK

LIC-EXP-RMS-PMP

LIC-EXP-DSK

LIC-EXP-E

LIC-EXP-TURN

LIC-EXP-AN

LIC-EXP-SERIES

LIC-EXP-MSFT-PMP

LIC-EXP-RMS

LIC-EXP-GW

Can you please advise which SKU should I apply for expressway-c and expressway-e.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: