Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway licensing issue

Hi,

I want to deploy Cisco Expressway-C and Cisco Expressway-E applications in our company. From download section (Downloads Home > Products > Unified Communications > Communications Gateways > Expressway Series > Expressway > TelePresence Software-X8.5) I have downloaded s42700x8_5_0.ova file. I created a virtual machine and finished initial configuration according to installation guide. 

Since we have valid UCSS subscription, I've purchased licenses for my expressway gateways. I received 3 PAKs and, according to forum discussions, those PAKs are just what I need:

- 2 x "LIC-SW-EXP-K9 License Key Software Encrypted"

- "LIC-EXP-E-PAK Expressway Series, Expressway-E PAK"

Next step is to obtain option and release key. This is done by entering appropriate PAK (LIC-SW-EXP-K9) at licensig portal, and system serial number, which is generated when expressway is installed. At the time whan I should receive my option and release keys, I receive an error - The Given Serial Number is a Hardware Serial Number. Please enter the 8 character hexadecimal serial number, starting with '0' for your software application. Serial number starts with '0'.

Did anyone have same issue or maybe a hint where I'am making a mistake?

Regards,

Nikola

4 Replies 4

mrogerspt
Level 4
Level 4

I am running into this exact same issue.  Our SE and a licensing support guy are looking at it.  I should (hopefully) have a resolution tomorrow.  I'll post any useful information here if it gets fixed.

Cheers,

Matt

Hello Matt,

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Nikola

joschka.witte
Level 1
Level 1

Any update on this? Running into the same issue, too.

Sorry for not responding,  I thought I did, but clearly not :)

So the solution is to open a case with Cisco's licensing team.   The guy who helped me out wouldn't tell me why this happens or what I could have done to avoid it.  He simply asked for the following information :

* S/N

* Order number

* Cisco ID

* Hostname

Then I received emails with all the license keys.   I am assuming there's some bug on Cisco's end that occurs so infrequently it's not worth fixing?   

Be warned that this process could take up to 72 hours, so plan accordingly.  

Cheers,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: