Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Dependent On Location

Hello;

can anyone help me about below issue;

issue: I have a CUCM 8.6.2 and i am apply extension mobility for all user, and i have more than 20 location on the call manager, i would to make user to login only one location and cant login in other 19 location,

how can do it,

thanks for any assistance,

Bye

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What you're asking cannot be done.

If your phone is EM enabled and subscribed to EM, ANYONE can try to use the EM service

If whoever pushes EM service has a valid UDP and it matches the phone model (or you have provisioned default UDPs), enters a valid EM user/PIN, THEY WILL LOGIN.

At the best scenario you can only use the line/device CSS class of service with device mobility to restric who they call.

But a config of EM where user A can only log with phones on location A, user B only location B phones, etc. NO WAY with the current EM implementation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't, EM is not based on locations. If you can reach the EM service and you have a valid user/PIN, you can login.

HTH

java

HTH

java

You could simply not subscribe to the EM service on phones at the 19 locations and only have this one location phones subscribed to it, this way users will not have an option to use it at the 19 locations you don't want it at.

HTH,

Chris

thanks java  and Chris;

but i need to restriction of user, means i have 20 remote branch and need the employee only login in his branch means ever branch have EM and when the employe went to other branch the admin subscribe new EM that related with branch ??

thanks

I get it now, then Java understood you correctly the first time and this is not possible, sorry :-(

Chris

so what can i do to restriction of user for using IPT when moving from branch to other

Please explain exactly what you want to restrict.

Chris

i need to make employee to use EM of IPT only in his branch and when moving to other branch cant login in IPT,

Again there is not way to do this without preventing users at the other branch from logging onto those phone either.

Chris

ok, how we can do with preventing users at the other branch from logging onto those phone either.??

You do not subscribe the service on the phones as explained before.

I think you are trying to do something the EM service is not meant for hence your confusion.

HTH,

Chris

What you're asking cannot be done.

If your phone is EM enabled and subscribed to EM, ANYONE can try to use the EM service

If whoever pushes EM service has a valid UDP and it matches the phone model (or you have provisioned default UDPs), enters a valid EM user/PIN, THEY WILL LOGIN.

At the best scenario you can only use the line/device CSS class of service with device mobility to restric who they call.

But a config of EM where user A can only log with phones on location A, user B only location B phones, etc. NO WAY with the current EM implementation.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: