cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility questions

David Graham
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup Extension Mobility for all users. It works well, but I have some questions to hopefully make it easier before I roll it out.

1. Our Login IDs are the users 4-digit extension. When logging in to EM we and typing in the ID we have to hit the button 4 times (just like texting) to get to the number. Is there any way to make this only numeric and not alphanumeric?

2. Is there anyway to allow a user to force off another EM session? For example, I log into EM on a phone in one building. I forget to log off before I go to another building. When I try logging in at the other building I get an error "Login Unsuccessful". Can I instead have it tell me that I am logged in elsewhere and ask if I would like to force the other logon off? I can see this happening a lot with our VPs who go between offices and would like to make this easy for them to do.                   

Thanks much for all answers. This is pretty cool if I can get these kinks worked out.

Cheers!

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Change these EM service parameters

This parameter specifies the behavior for multiple attempted logins  by the same user on different devices within the same cluster. Allowed  values are : 1. Multiple Logins Allowed (the same user ID can be logged  in to extension mobility on more than one device), 2. Multiple Logins  Not Allowed (a user ID can only be logged into one device) and 3. Auto  Logout (if a user ID is logged into extension mobility on one device,  and the same user ID attempts to login to extension mobility on a  different device, the first device automatically logs out). For EM Cross  Cluster, multiple login is always allowed.
   This is a required field.
   Default:                  Multiple Logins Not Allowed
This parameter specifies whether the user ID to be used is  alphanumeric or numeric. Valid values specify True (user ID is  alphanumeric) or False (user ID is numeric).
   Default:                  True

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Change these EM service parameters

This parameter specifies the behavior for multiple attempted logins  by the same user on different devices within the same cluster. Allowed  values are : 1. Multiple Logins Allowed (the same user ID can be logged  in to extension mobility on more than one device), 2. Multiple Logins  Not Allowed (a user ID can only be logged into one device) and 3. Auto  Logout (if a user ID is logged into extension mobility on one device,  and the same user ID attempts to login to extension mobility on a  different device, the first device automatically logs out). For EM Cross  Cluster, multiple login is always allowed.
   Default:                  Multiple Logins Not Allowed
This parameter specifies whether the user ID to be used is  alphanumeric or numeric. Valid values specify True (user ID is  alphanumeric) or False (user ID is numeric).
   Default:                  True

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

This was perfect. Did not log into this area before. Thanks much for the help!

Dave

David,

a SSO for EM can be a solution for your users. check alm - active login manager. search using google

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: