cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External callers do not hear dial tone when Call Handler transfers to subscribers

StoneColdIT
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2)

Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 7.1.5.32900-2

Hello

I have created a menu system for our head office using call handlers and subscribers. All the menu options terminate within our IP phone network.

It comprises of 3 call handlers, 1 main and 2 sub menus with callers imputing the number to the corresponding subscriber on the relevant menu.

The problem is when the call handler receives an external call and transfers the caller to the selected subscriber the caller does not hear the handler calling the subscriber

ie. to the caller there is silence until the subscriber picks up and speaks –up to 45 seconds of dead air

When the same call is made internally the ringing tone can be heard by the caller before the call is picked up.

I would like to know how to ensure the dialling sound can be heard by external callers

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you performing a supervised transfer? If yes you would hear MoH, not ringback during this time.

Do you have a SCCP or SIP integration to CUCM? If SIP MoH playback is not supported for supervised transfers. If SCCP make sure the MRGL on the ports has a MoH resource allocated.

If you want to hear ringback you can change the call handler to perform an unsupervised transfer. In this case the caller will hear normal ringback.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your response, unfortunately I am still having an issue with this.

-Not performing supervised transfer.

-Intergration is SCCP

-Voicemail uses the default MRG which has a MoH resource added.

Just want to point out – when I call the call handler internally I hear the dial tone when I progress the call to a subscribers line but if I call the call handler from an external number I hear silence while the subscriber’s line is being dialled.

Ben

Did you ever resolve this?

Hello
You were experiencing the same problem, did you resolved it?

I wish people wouldnt abandon these threads.  I did a google search for my exact problem.  This is the top result.  If you had of put the fix here, I'd be done.

StoneColdIT
Level 1
Level 1

The investigation continues

I had a look into CM Configuration

Cluster wide parameters device h323

Changed from : use Ann for ring back

To: Default (user info for CNT) - Didn’t work

And then to: H.225 info for call progress tone - this result produces a single beep as the transfer is initiated but no 'ring ring' after that.

So I am still open to suggestions at this point .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: