cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External calls go to Unity without ringing phone

zrunner626
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new user that has a problem receiving calls from external sources. If dialing his 5 digit extension within the company, his phone will ring but dialing his `0 digit direct number will not ring his phone. It immediately sends you to Unity and asks you to enter the extension of the person you want to reach.

I have gone into Cisco Unity > Subscribers > Call Transfer and tried changing "Transfer incoming calls to Yes, ring extension for.." however this does not seem to help. Anyone have any other suggestions?

We are using Call Manager 7.1.3 and Unity 8 Build 8.0(3.3)

Thanks

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Please double check the Route partition assigned to this person's extension to a known working extension at the same location. 

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.

I check and the route partition is set correctly to Everyone just like it is for users that are not having any problems.

Check the call forwarding status in the line setting. To my understanding his other number do not ring someone call him from pstn and so on. Also if you are migrated from TDm or any other platform and the number is ported to Cisco.

Try to run a DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) and used the Gateway (MGCP or H323) or Trunk (SIP trunk) under Calling party set what ever number you want and under Called party enter the exact amount of digits you are getting from the PSTN.

Check if the call is hitting a translation pattern or another pattern such as a CTI route point that is forwarding the call to unity.

If you are getting Unity openning greeting is because the call is not being forwarded by the line.

Are all the external calls are going to unity or for some particular user ? If you are using extension mobility make sure he logged in.

Sorry guys, I've been out with personal family matters. I found the problem. The "Called Party Transform Mask" in the "Translation Pattern Configuration" was different than it should have been.