Helpful
Replies

External Calls Greeting Message Response

MostafaOmar
Level 1
Level 1

Gents,

Good Day,

Look, I have an Ext#777, and it received an External calls by Prima Cell . When I call that extention i have 2 options, first one the person answers and the second is Greeting Message reply if the person did not pick up the Call,  this Greeting Message telling me Press 1 for Arabic and 2 for English and it is Working Fine if i called the extenion internally, bUnified Communicaut if it received an external call on the Prima cell the Greeting Message works but when i Press 1 or 2 do not transfer me to the next Step and repeat the Greeting Message again as you did not press any of 1 or 2. 

Any one can assist?!

4 Replies 4

What I understood, when some one calling your extensions its  forwarded to Prima Cell and the caller hear the greetings which has menu options. But unable to select the menus. Am I correct. 

I assume its a problem with the DTMF. 

Could you please share a little more details about your infrastructure, Like your gateway type, PSTN connection, call manger versions etc.. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

I have Prima cell when someone call the number which in Prima cell the call forwarded to a specific ExT # 777 and if the person did not answer the call Greeting Message works to tell the caller press 1 for Arabic and 2 for English.  when I Press 1 does not move me to next Step.

As @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote it’s very likely an issue with DTMF, ie sending of tones when pressing a key.

Response Signature

MostafaOmar
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have found that the Prema Cell does not identify the tones, I have connected a telephone to the Prema cell and called the Prema cell number by my mobile and I Picket up the call, then I have tried to use the Mobile Keypad and found no tone from the prema cell Which means that the issue with Prema cell as it does not identify the tone during the call.