cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Calls to DN set to forward, no ringback

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

So we currently have 800 #'s that most of our customers use, these are translated on our 4300 routers using num-exp and a matching dial-peer to Call Manager. The DN in CUCM is set to forward to voicemail, which then goes to a System Call Handler. That all works fine. I was under the impression that in this scenario the caller would not hear ring back because of the forward. Though we have customers complaining stating that they used to hear ringing before the greeting. Anyone have advice on this?

I am currently running CUCM and Unity 11.5. Calls are coming from PSTN --> PRI --> Cube router --> CUCM --> Unity.

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

S Donelly,

When you say they used to hear ring back, what has changed that they now don't hear it? Did you upgrade some equipment or software? Based upon your configuration the only thing I could think that would cause them to hear ringing during the forwarding is the RNA reversion timeout and if you had something in the field before and now you don't. Your assessment is correct though, unless something was configured specifically to cause it to ring, it shouldn't. Perhaps you had a delay in the router or the carrier was set up to with the ringing and now they aren't. Sounds like your customers want it to ring though.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: