Views
Helpful
Replies

External Phone number mask

sujimansuadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi fellow Ciscoans,

Sorry if i'm post this question in wrong section, mods or admin may remove it or even delete it if found irrelevan.

Actually i had a question regarding external phone number mask. As far as i'm concern, external phone number mask (EPNM) is an option to convert a Directory number to Caller ID FOR external bound call. Means that if my DN is 2002, and i put in my EPNM portion as 50392000. My external call will appear as 50392000. Correct me if i got it wrong until this.

Having said that, it suppose to be converting DN only for external call. I wonder why if i make internal call (extension to extension) it appear as 5039200 as well.

Back to my main issue, i had a certain VIP user whom DN is hidden from external parties, so i apply EPNM to this particular user. But 1 problem pop up, when he try to call internal it appear as EPNM too. So is there any way to fix it. '

for external call -> EPNM

for internal call  -> display DN

p.s: im using CUCM 7.1

regards,

ss

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

The transformation mask is changed on outgoing calls (internal or external) so everytime the caller make a call , the transfromation mask will do it's job.

For your case , i suggest that you make a new route pattern (external call) for each person you need to hide it's identity and then in the route pattern you can put the external transform mask to the number you need.

and remove it from the DN.

Amer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

The transformation mask is changed on outgoing calls (internal or external) so everytime the caller make a call , the transfromation mask will do it's job.

For your case , i suggest that you make a new route pattern (external call) for each person you need to hide it's identity and then in the route pattern you can put the external transform mask to the number you need.

and remove it from the DN.

Amer

Good day Amer,

Thanks a lot on your suggestion. Really helpful in this scenario.

regards,

ss