Views
Helpful
Replies

External Voicemail being delayed by Unity

tahindley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I don't have a lot of experience with Unity. We have a problem where voicemail left by external connections are being delayed 20-30 minutes before being delivered to the internal recipient. Internal to internal messages are delivered instantly, only external messages are delayed. I ran DBWalker and it found no errors, I'm not familiar enough to know how else to troubleshoot this.

Any ideas? We are running Cisco Unity 4.2 with CCM 5.1.2

Thanks for the help,

Tim

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you'll need to use MBXsuite to determine who is causing this, if this is a Unity issue or an Exchange issue.

if you don't have experience better to open a TAC so a CSE can look into this and tell you whether to keep working with him or to reach MS so they can troubleshoot Exchange

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In addition to the above, you can use Exchange message tracking to see really where this message is getting delayed as well. It should show the message arriving and then when it is ultimately delivered. If you look in your Commserver/UnityMTA folder after leaving a message for someeone on Unity from an outside line, does that message sit in there for 20-30 minutes before ultimately getting to Exchange? If so, Unity is having the issue. If not, Exchagne is the issue. Normally messages both internal or external should not appear in that directory on Unity. Do open that directory and see if this is happening with a new test from outside.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: