cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fast busy tone

KEVIN KIM
Level 1
Level 1

at 7:00 i got a call, internal, from a collegue. he told me he is getting fast busy tone. i went over and confirmed it. at the time, there might have been maybe 3 external phone calls at the most. then a few minutes later, it is ok. i have ccm 4.2. the user had 7940G. i have a rouer with 1 PRI backhauled by MGCP. what could be the cause of the fast busy tone?

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

It is hard to say what might be the problem, but if you have CCM|SDL trace for that moment you may upload them to see what happened?

Any errors in Event Viewer in CCM, or any alarm for GW unregistered, lost of network connectivity between CCM and GW ? etc?

Let us know

Hi,

If you hear a fast busy tone (reorder) from CallManager, that's indicative of the Call Manager's not being able to find the dialed number in the partitions available to the caller.

If there were simply not enough ports, then the caller should have heard slow busy/regular busy and not fast busy.

I hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: