cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Server/RightFax 9.3 and Communications Manager 8.x

skdudoit
Level 1
Level 1

Does this version of Fax Server/RightFax support CUCM v8.x, or is v9.4 required?

12 Replies 12

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to upgrade to 9.4, FP1, SR2

The compatibility documentation will be updated soon, RightFax Team is finishing the testings.

Christian Nuche.

PDI HD Team.

Thanks for the info!

Steve

Hi Christian,

As per your previous post - 9.4, FP1, SR2 would be supported with CUCM 8.x

I do not see the SR2 released for Cisco Fax server version 9.4, FP1 in the downloads page yet.

Do you know if there is any ETA for the SR2 release?

TIA,

Somishra

Hello Stephen,

I assume you are refering about CUCM 8.0x instead of 8.x? In regards to 8.0x Christian is correct you would need at least RF 9.4 FP1 +SR2. This will also be for CUCM the problem is that since cucm 7 we get a second reinvite which we did not expected and is corrected in SR2 and above.

Christian is also correct about the documentation as I am the one tested CUCM 8.01 till 8.03(c) I have documented everytying for the following topologies

PSTN---GW----SIP-----CUCM 8.0X----SIP-----RightFax

PSTN---GW----Mgcp-----CUCM 8.0X----SIP-----RightFax

PSTN---GW----H323-----CUCM 8.0X----H323-----RightFax

If you let me know which topology you need I can send you the chapter. Anything I can help you with please send me a email listed below.

My email is Marco.Hirschmann@OpenText.com

Regards,

Marco

Hi Marco,

I am using CUCM 7.1(3) and Cisco Fax server 9.4. I could not see the compatibility information for CUCM 7.1 and Cisco Fax Server 9.4. Could you please let me know regarding the compatibility between 7.1(3) and 9.4 cisco fax server. I am not able to send or recieve fax.

Krishna

Hi Kvkrishna,

Did you find any solution about this case ? I have the same issue.

Regards,

Evandro

Sorry abou the highjack, I am looking for an integration guide between Rightfax and Cisco using T.38, either via a gateway or a SIP thunk.

Can anyone provide a link?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm with OpenText (RightFax manufacturer), email me at gsettle@opentext.com and I'll email you the RightFax 9.4 and CUCM 8.x integration guide.

Greg

hi i am going ot integrate cucm 8.6 & mgcp VG with right fax . Can you provide me  the document.

Moreover does CUCM 8.6 support t.38 fax protocol

Thankyou in advance..

Regards,

Shaikh

Hi Shaikh

Yes CUCM 8.6 does support t.38 and should work in your example.

Not sure if I can post the doc so will find a link for you.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Christian/All,

Do we have any document for the compatibility of right fax with call manager version ?

Regards,

Vaibhav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: