Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Federate Presence with Cisco.com

I belong to a Cisco Partner and trying to get us federated with Cisco to a) enhance communication/collaboration and b) show our customers what a great feature this is.  But if you can not show it, what good is it.

Trying to find someone that knows the secret password to get this working.  I see that there was a thread last year but it seemed to have died with no explaination of what was needed or if they were ever successful.  Asked our CAM and some of the Collaboration SE's with nothing back.

Do I need to open a TAC case to get this done?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the question.

I would recommend configuring XMPP federation with Cisco.com.

Configuration Guide is here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/interdomain_federation/9_0_1/CUP0_BK_IAAE17D8_00_integration-guide-interdomain-federation-90_chapter_01010.html#CUP0_TK_T17CFBAA_00

Please know that if you see anything for TLS you'll need to skip it. XMPP federation to cisco.com won't do TLS.

Steps are

-Make sure CUPS is enabled for DNS. Run this command from the CLI 'utils network eth0 details' to show what the primary/secondary DNS servers are.

-Enable XMPP on a CUPS node

-Configure an DNS SRV record for the IM domain that points to the CUPS server.

-Make sure that you create an external NAT and open port 5269 on the firewall.

If you get stuck, TAC will always be happy to help you out however this configuration is pretty straight forward. Most issues are related to the SRV record not resolving correctly or the firewall blocking traffic.

Good Luck.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: