cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Finiding out which dial-peer will be matched on a GW based on a pattern(not a number)

Adan Zuniga
Beginner
Beginner

I am executing the command show dialplan number 912**2****** on my CUBE to find out which dial peer this pattern would match. The problem is that I had to hard-code the two number 2's instead of being able to use wild cards or regular expressions. My tested pattern matched two dial-peers on pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]...... Those are the correct dial-peers/patterns that I want to match, but I do not want to have to hard-code a number instead of an expression in brackets. What is the proper syntax for achieving this?  when I tried: show dialplan number 912**[2-9]****** , I was not able to decipher the error message of: 

Incorrect format for E.164 Number 

regular expression must be of the form ^((\+)?([0-9,#*A-F])+)$

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee Hall of Fame Cisco Employee
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

You can't use a pattern like you want, and that's what the pattern from the error is telling you.

What does the above pattern tell you is a valid number for the command?

The documentation for the command also tells you:

dial-string

Particular destination pattern (E.164 telephone number).

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaime Valencia

See table 1, and read this document to understand what that regular expression means

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/fundamentals/configuration/15_sy/fundamentals-15-sy-book/cf-cli-search.html

HTH

java

Jaime,

While this is a very good document, it does not quite help for my purposes. I am working with the show dialplan number command to figure out which dial-peers a particular pattern will match. The fact that it must be a pattern and not an explicit number is essential. I see that some wilcards/expressions can be used with the show dialplan number command, but I cannot figure out which wildcards/expressions I can use for something like [2-9].  

Jaime Valencia

You can't use a pattern like you want, and that's what the pattern from the error is telling you.

What does the above pattern tell you is a valid number for the command?

The documentation for the command also tells you:

dial-string

Particular destination pattern (E.164 telephone number).

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: