cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finiding out which dial-peer will be matched on a GW based on a pattern(not a number)

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

I am executing the command show dialplan number 912**2****** on my CUBE to find out which dial peer this pattern would match. The problem is that I had to hard-code the two number 2's instead of being able to use wild cards or regular expressions. My tested pattern matched two dial-peers on pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]...... Those are the correct dial-peers/patterns that I want to match, but I do not want to have to hard-code a number instead of an expression in brackets. What is the proper syntax for achieving this?  when I tried: show dialplan number 912**[2-9]****** , I was not able to decipher the error message of: 

Incorrect format for E.164 Number 

regular expression must be of the form ^((\+)?([0-9,#*A-F])+)$

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't use a pattern like you want, and that's what the pattern from the error is telling you.

What does the above pattern tell you is a valid number for the command?

The documentation for the command also tells you:

dial-string

Particular destination pattern (E.164 telephone number).

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See table 1, and read this document to understand what that regular expression means

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/fundamentals/configuration/15_sy/fundamentals-15-sy-book/cf-cli-search.html

HTH

java

Jaime,

While this is a very good document, it does not quite help for my purposes. I am working with the show dialplan number command to figure out which dial-peers a particular pattern will match. The fact that it must be a pattern and not an explicit number is essential. I see that some wilcards/expressions can be used with the show dialplan number command, but I cannot figure out which wildcards/expressions I can use for something like [2-9].  

You can't use a pattern like you want, and that's what the pattern from the error is telling you.

What does the above pattern tell you is a valid number for the command?

The documentation for the command also tells you:

dial-string

Particular destination pattern (E.164 telephone number).

HTH

java