cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

First time, new (pre-configured) install of BE600S - PLM question

Nathan Farrar
Level 1
Level 1

Among many other questions I have... I am encountering an issue with PLM that may be just a misunderstanding on my part.

I've gotten all of the applications on this pre-configured system updated with new password. I'm able to log into all UIs. Currently using the ISR as the DNS server and when connected to the bridged interface (172.27.199.0/26) I'm able to ping and resolve the DNS addresses configured on the ISR.

I connect to PLM and attempt to add a product instance. I add 172.27.199.11 as the cucm-pub server and type of Unified CM. Testing the connection works fine but when I press Ok I am prompted with a message that reads:

"The Product Instance is currently managed by "plm.ciscolocal.com". Would you like to take over license management of this product?"

This is strange to me because I am connected to plm.ciscolocal.com and i don't see that server instance in here already. What am I missing here? I'm assuming that I'll have to address licensing from PLM for this system but how could it see that it's already managed by another server which is actually the same server I'm trying to use?

Best

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

This is an artifact of the process that was used to created the preconfigured images.  You can safely just confirm that you want to go ahead and take over control of your UCM instance.

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

This is an artifact of the process that was used to created the preconfigured images.  You can safely just confirm that you want to go ahead and take over control of your UCM instance.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks Andy. I'll go ahead and do that.

One other question to drop on top of this but on the same topic. When the system was ordered with the following line item:

BE 6000 UCL STARTER BUNDLE WITH 35 ENH & 35 VM LICS

I would assume that I should have also received a PAK that I would then use to add to the system for licensing to be in place. Is it possible that this would be pre-installed? That generally isn't the case with Cisco equipment.

Thanks!

No problem...

The licenses will have been made available via email (Electronic License Delivery) and would not have been intalled [We make the assumption that product may have been shipped from distribution stock, so we cann't know what licenses are required when we manufacture the hardware.]

Once you have the PAK ID for the licenses, you can use PLM to fulfill these on line - you just need your cisco.com user ID.  PLM will take you through the process step by step.

Regards,

Andy

Appreciate it Andrew. That's what I figured. Now to tracking down those emails..

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: