cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force all users to reset VM PIN

mramirez-t
Level 1
Level 1

Due to changing our VM PIN password policy, we want to force all users to reset their VM password they next time they use their VM.  I see the option for doing this on a per-user basis, but that's not feasible due to the number of users.  I'm familiar enough with the BAT to export all users w/mailboxes to CSV files, and see how to do it an import from a CSV file.  Can this be done with BAT?  If so, what would the format for the headers need to be in the CSV file that would need to be imported via BAT?  If it can't be done with BAT, is there another way to do this?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can do this using the Bulk Edit capability built into the web admin for Connection.  Select the users button - if you select 250 in the drop down list you can update 250 users at a crack.  Click the button to select all users and then hit the "bulk edit" button at the bottom. Then navigate to a user and go to the password setting page and select the option to require changing PW at next login, set it to true and then submit.  All users selected will have that value updated.

I went to Bulk Administration > Users > Reset Password/PIN > Query and found my own extension.  After trying to check the box for User Must Change at Next Login, I put in a new PIN and confirm the new PIN.  However, if you look at the top of the attached pic, there's this.  The Job Scheduler shows that the job went through fine, but my old PIN works and am not prompted to change password.  Since 95% of our users are LDAP synched, this becomes an issue.

NOTE:Reset of Password is disabled because LDAP Authentication is active.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: