Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward a Call from an Extension Without Voicemail to Another

rynard.coetzee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have client with CUCM 7.1.3 and Unity Connection ,scenario is i have user B who takes calls for 12 other users when they are not in the office ,these 12 users do not have voicemail ,so if someone phones one of these users ,let`s call it user A ,the call must forward to user B ,but if user B does not answer the call it needs to go to User B`s voicemail and not user A`s.

Any ideas ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rynard,

In your case we want calls that Forward to User B and then go unanswered

and arrive @ Unity Connection to receive User B's greeting

Let's say User B is Directory Number 5555 and one of the User's who forwards

to 5555 is 2323.

Go to CUCM Admin>Features>Voicemail>Voicemail profile>Add a new

Voicemail Profile

Name = User B transfer _Profile

Description = User B Answering Group

Voicemail Pilot # = Use default

Voicemail Box Mask = 5555

Then go to the DN config page for 2323 (and the other 11 Users) and under

Voicemail Profile add>User B transfer _Profile>Update

Now calls that have routed via 2323 to 5555 to UC will receive the Greeting

for User B @ 5555.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only 2 options.

a) create call routing rules to handle those calls

b) Connection can use either the first redirecting  number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting of the Use  Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call  check box on the System Settings > Advanced > Conversations page  in Cisco Unity Connection Administration. This change is CLUSTERWIDE, will affect ALL calls.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can't you just setup Alternate Extensions on User B's Voicemail to cover the other 12 numbers?  Is there a limit to the number of Alternate Extension in Unity Connection?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Guys,

Alternate Extensions are also an excellent plan for sure (+5 ponts both of you :), the

only drawback is that there can be a Max of 9 Alt.Extensions.

Here is a 4th Option done in CUCM itself;

If you look in CUCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile. This area allows you to configure a Profile that points to a specific DN/Voicemail Box. When you apply this Profile to DN's any call that forwards to the Voicemail System from these DN's will be directed to the specified Voicemail.

For example: you want all calls that go to DN's 3333,3444 and 3555 to go to the Admin mailbox. This "Admin" mailbox is on DN 3700.

You would create a Profile in CCM called "Admin Info" which points to DN 3700. Apply this profile to 3333,3444 and 3555 and when calls route through these numbers to voicemail they will recieve the Sales Info 3700 Greeting etc.

Hope this makes sense!
Rob

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies ,unfortunately the limit on alternate extensions on Unity Conn is 9 as Rob said ,and in this case we need 12. I have also tried using the routing rules in Unity ,but as soon as i add a rule for the second ext ,it overrides the first ext. rule.

@Rob not sure i understand the VM profile setup that you have explained ,are you saying i should create a VM profile pointing to the Unity but mask the number with the eg. 3700 number ?

Hi Rynard,

In your case we want calls that Forward to User B and then go unanswered

and arrive @ Unity Connection to receive User B's greeting

Let's say User B is Directory Number 5555 and one of the User's who forwards

to 5555 is 2323.

Go to CUCM Admin>Features>Voicemail>Voicemail profile>Add a new

Voicemail Profile

Name = User B transfer _Profile

Description = User B Answering Group

Voicemail Pilot # = Use default

Voicemail Box Mask = 5555

Then go to the DN config page for 2323 (and the other 11 Users) and under

Voicemail Profile add>User B transfer _Profile>Update

Now calls that have routed via 2323 to 5555 to UC will receive the Greeting

for User B @ 5555.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob that makes perfect sense now. Also thanks to the other guys that replied.

I am actually very thankful to Rob Huffman.

His idea  of 4th option to create a voiemail profile in CUCM helped my issue get resolved. been struggling since many days. Thank you so much for this amazing idea. (highest rating for this post)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Rynard,

You are most welcome my friend

Glad to be of some small help here.

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Guys,

I know this is an old thread but worth a shot. I am looking at doinf something very similar except that caller A has voicemail but forwards her phone to caller B two days a week - so the two days a week she wants forwarded calls to caller B to receive caller B voicemail if unanswered. the solution above accomplishes just that, thank you...but, on the other three days when caller A is at her phone we want unanswered calls to route to caller A voicemail - since we set the mask in the VM profile to point to caller B DN we cannot seem to get it to work.....is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sadly, as you've discovered, that is an "all or nothing" config.

You could change this setting that is available in Unity Connection 7.x to

accomplish your requirements   Just make sure you think through any

repercussions this might cause.

Via

Cisco Unity Connection Administration

Advanced (towards the bottom of the page)

Conversation Configuration

Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

This will not change the normal CFB & CFNA going to User A's mailbox. Only when on CFWDALL to B

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I had a feeling that was the case.....appreciate all your posts!

Paul

Hey Paul,

You are always welcome my friend

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: