Views
Helpful
Replies

forward external call to hunt pilot to voice mail system

Maleksalim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I configured a hunt pilot on my CUCM 11 and I want to forward the call to a voice mail if no Answer after 30 second.

I created the voice mail with the same huntpilot number and forwarded the hunt pilot to the voice mail and it worked for internal call I can reach my voice mail but when the call come from external (PSTN) it's not forwarded to the voice mail system even if the CSS is correct, the phone in the Hunt group continue ringing after the 30 seconds (I checked the port monitor on Unity connection RTMT and nothing comming through) .

Anyone have an Idea?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

james.buchanan1
Level 1
Level 1

Does your inbound CSS on the gateway/SIP trunk have access to the partition in which the voicemail pilot number resides?

Hello James,

Yes it has

Kita
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible the DN you're calling exists in more than 1 partition and when the call is coming from external it is hitting the DN in the wrong partition....not necessarily the hunt pilot DN?

Perhaps a quick sanity check on the route plan report.

Other than that...can't think of why it would work internally and not externally besides inbound CSS which you already checked.

Is your VM integration SIP or SCCP?  You can also try creating a CTI Route Point and forward to the VM Pilot to see if that works...if it works externally, you can focus on the hunt group config...but really not sure what else.

Hope this helps!