Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding a Hunt Group to another Hunt Group

paulgoodall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup a hunt pilot / line group configuration where I can have a group of phones on broadcast ring out, then after 20 seconds, forward to another hunt containing more phones that will also ring on broadcast.  So all phones in both groups are ringing after 20 seconds.  I can't figure how to do this - if it's even possible.  If I add the 1st group of phones to the 2nd line group, when it switches over after 20 seconds it seems to ignore them because they were unanswered in the first group and ring only the new phones.  Anyone have any ideas? Any help appreciated!  Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marco Rojas Abarca
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

Find the documentation for Hunt Pilots in CUCM 8.6 below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b03htpil.html

In essence, line groups are associated to Hunt Lists and Hunt lists to Hunt Pilots, this is how it is supposed to be setup, plain and simple.

I am not really sure if I am understanding correctly but, from what I comprehend it seems to me like what you would need to do is create two different line groups and assign them to one particular Hunt List. Since the line groups are both set to broadcast then, I would suggest that you use the option of "Skip remaining members, and go directly to next group" under the first line group set on the Hunt List.

Hope this information helps,

Marco Rojas.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marco Rojas Abarca
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

Find the documentation for Hunt Pilots in CUCM 8.6 below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b03htpil.html

In essence, line groups are associated to Hunt Lists and Hunt lists to Hunt Pilots, this is how it is supposed to be setup, plain and simple.

I am not really sure if I am understanding correctly but, from what I comprehend it seems to me like what you would need to do is create two different line groups and assign them to one particular Hunt List. Since the line groups are both set to broadcast then, I would suggest that you use the option of "Skip remaining members, and go directly to next group" under the first line group set on the Hunt List.

Hope this information helps,

Marco Rojas.

Marco - Thank you very much.  This is exactly what I needed to do - put two Line Groups under the one hunt list, rather than forwarding a hunt pilot/HL/LG (no answer/busy) to another hunt pilot with a different HL/LG.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: