cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fresh install CUCM 12.5 + OVA + Answer file.

Hi guys,

I am having issues installing CUCM 12.5 in VMWare, is that possible?

My specific questions are.

Is there an OVA file for version 12.5 already?

How can I create an answer file for version 12.5? I think the answer file generation tool is not there yet. :(

Can I use the normal ISO to install CUCM 12.5? or does it have to forcefully say "BOOTABLE_UCOS_12.5" ? Because I think all the ISO in there are non-bootable.

If so, does a bootable ISO exist for version 12.5 fresh install? --> (ISO + OVA + Answer file).

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Is it possible that you would have errors? Absolutely.

OVA found here:
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286322286/type/283088407/release/12.5(1)

ISO does need to be a Bootable image, like: Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_12.5.1.10000-22.sgn.iso, which you cannot download from Cisco Software Download, but does come with new purchases (in datastore) and PUT orders (eDelivery).

You could make this non-bootable image you found, into a bootable image, by following this: https://htluo.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-make-non-bootable-iso-image.html

Unfortunately, the Answer File Generator does appear to lack the 12.5 version for now. I'm not sure how different 12.0 is from 12.5 in respects to the platformConfig.xml, but I'd guess they're different enough, else the tool wouldn't specify so many versions. It takes all of 10 minutes to type this info in to the install wizard so unless you're doing some automation or installing 10's of servers a month, it's probably not a real benefit (my opinion only).

Actually this information was very useful.

Juan.

Anthony,

i have an issue something relates to this. My CUCM Publisher is corrupted due to ungraceful shutdown. Cisco TAC recommended to rebuild the server. I got bootable image and right OVA. I upload the ISO image to the datastore and map that to vm. check box  connect at power on but still installation wizard is not showing after vm is powered on and giving us some weird error. Any thoughts here

thanks

Majed

One more image on vm

Do this and retry:

Changing the Boot Order of Virtual Machine

To Change the Boot Order of the Virtual Machine

Step 1

In VMware client, power off the virtual machine that has the deployed OVA template.

Step 2

In the left pane of VMware client, right-click the name of the virtual machine, and select Edit Settings.

Step 3

In the Virtual Machine Properties dialog box, select the Options tab.

Step 4

In the Settings column, from the Advanced menu, select Boot Options.

Step 5

In the Force BIOS Setup, check the The next time the virtual machine boots, force entry into the BIOS setup screen. check box.

Step 6

Select OK to close the Virtual Machine Properties dialog box.

Step 7

Power on the virtual machine.

The virtual machine will boot into the BIOS menu.

Step 8

Navigate to the Boot menu and change the boot device order so the CD-ROM device is listed first and the Hard Drive device is listed second.

Step 9

Save the change and exit BIOS setup.

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

removed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: