cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Full DB Export for Unity 2.4.6

rschwendeman
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to install the DB Export on Unity 2.4.6, and when I start setup it keeps telling me that some of my files are out of date and click ok to have them updated and then reboot. I do this and it keeps coming up each time. Does anyone know what files it is trying to update and if it really is updated them and I just have to keep going throught this process. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version are you installing? It's probably a situation where the OS is putting the system file back after it's been updated by the setup - joys of the built in Visual Studio installer, it's not overly bright.

Does it say which file it being copied? It may be a dialog buried behind the file - I can adjust the setup CAB to not include a system file for you if there's one particular one being tagged...

I went ahead and built a full InstallShield install for this - I'm slowly moving all the tools over to this as I go. It should work better for you but I can't post it to the site until QA has a chance to take it for a spin - if you want to ping me at lindborg at cisco dot com, I can point you to it (it's a 19 meg bruiser - but it's robust as all get-out!).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: