Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO caller ID

Cirstea Nelu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I have an FXO connected to PSTN, The PSTN is sending the callerID trough ETSI-FSK standard. Unfortunately I dont receive the caller ID.

I am from Romania and is not listeed as an argument for cptone. Is there something that I should do to stop the call on the FXO after 6 seconds?

Best Regards,

Nelu Cirstea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a country with similiar call progress tones which you can use?

These countries use ETSI FSK:

BR SE DK IS NL IN

So in theory, if you set the cptone to one of those countries, you may get CLID working.  You may have to configure a specific ring duration for what your provider uses before sending CLID, though.  It's going to take some playing around, I think.

Though I glanced at some customer's in Romania's configs, and I don't see them doing anything like this.  Some of them don't even have the cptone configured at all.  Not sure if they've got their CLID working, though.

Not as related, but if you need a disconnect supervision based on a tone, I found this sample config in our database, if you need it down the road:

voice-port x/x/x
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call supervisory custom-cptone TAC timeouts call-disconnect 1 timeouts wait-release 1
voice class custom-cptone TAC dualtone disconnect   frequency 1400 2600   cadence 100 100 100 100

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a country with similiar call progress tones which you can use?

These countries use ETSI FSK:

BR SE DK IS NL IN

So in theory, if you set the cptone to one of those countries, you may get CLID working.  You may have to configure a specific ring duration for what your provider uses before sending CLID, though.  It's going to take some playing around, I think.

Though I glanced at some customer's in Romania's configs, and I don't see them doing anything like this.  Some of them don't even have the cptone configured at all.  Not sure if they've got their CLID working, though.

Not as related, but if you need a disconnect supervision based on a tone, I found this sample config in our database, if you need it down the road:

voice-port x/x/x
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call supervisory custom-cptone TAC timeouts call-disconnect 1 timeouts wait-release 1
voice class custom-cptone TAC dualtone disconnect   frequency 1400 2600   cadence 100 100 100 100

Hi Steven,

The problem was solved. It was from the PSTN side. They did not sent caller id. Now the send and every think is working.

Thank you a lot

Best regards,

Nelu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: