Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO & PLAR

pcaltagirone22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I will be turning up a new remote site with an MGCP voice gateway w/SRST and a local PRI - due to time constraint there are four POTS lines that cannot be moved to the local PRI so I will plan on bringing them in on an FXO card. These numbers will need to ring on a certain extension inside so I am planning on just doing a simple connection PLAR on the voice ports to have these incoming POTS lines ring on the specific internal extensions - I am just trying to see if there are any gotchas that I should look out for. I believe that I will not recieve caller ID on them by using MGCP but just wanted to see if there was anything else I may be missing

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

We have many sites that are having FXOs and get connected to the PSTN for that particular branch.

I have seen the config is nothing more than PLAR Opex and the regular FXO config on the CUCM.

Not sure about the Caller ID, however we definitly have the config on the port so I presume its working (I havent got a chance to physically see the ip hones as such.)

HTH,

Please rate if it does help

Regards

Wilson Samuel