cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Trunk Group rings to a busy signal

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a trunk group for my (4) FXO ports. The ports are all setup with "connection plar 2000" since all calls need to route to a parallel huntgroup of which the pilot is 2000. If I cann one of the POTS lines in the group and do not pick it up, the call goes to a busy signal after about 3 rings. I have final destination set to a script. Not sure on why I am getting the busy signal.

If stack up the calls on all phones the hunt group, the nex tell will route to the script just fine and not give a busy signal. Not sure if that gives any clues to my issue or not.

TIA, Jim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You should able to send to the call to VM without any problem setting final to VM number, and having a working mailbox for 2000.

I can see from your trace that likely you sent to an AA, because a transfer was made to 7600, a typical AA function.

Also: <7600>

Transfer would not happen within VM unless you have 7600 configured as "voicemail operator" and pressed zero.

Before I tought you were using a TCL/IVR script, not CUE, from that I asked for an irrelevant "debug voice" debug.

View solution in original post

jameskuder wrote:

So, if I am understanding you correctly. I should be able to have a huntgroup pilot of 2000 and then set the final destination to 2000 and setup a mailbox for 2000?

Correct. There is no need to associate the mailbox with any phone, just the number is needed. This is better seen if you use CUE CLI instead of GUI.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's a bit hard to understand your english ...

Anyway, check if the script is getting the call from FXO: "debug voice application script".

I will give it a try. Not sure what you mean about my english. I did see several typos and meant to say:

I have setup a trunk group for my (4) FXO ports. The FXO ports are all setup with "connection plar 2000" since all calls need to route to a parallel huntgroup of which the pilot is 2000. If I CALL one of the the lead POTS line and do not pick it up the call on a phone that is in the hunt group, the call goes to a busy signal after about 3 rings. I have huntgroup final destination set to an auto attendant script. Not sure on why I am getting the busy signal.

If I stack up the calls on all phones the hunt group by calling, answering them, and putting them on hold, the next call beyond the number of phones I ahve in the huntgroup does route to the script just fine and not give a busy signal. Not sure if that gives any clues to my issue or not.

Jim

Tags: trunk, group, hunt

I just tried the debug and it generates nothing at all.

Means the call doesn't go to the script at all. Try connection plar opx.

Failing that more debugs are needed.

What would the "connection plar opx" give me that just "connection plar" does not?

What I am trying to achieve is this:

I have 7 separate phone analog lines that are coming in to the CME from the telco. The analog lines are in hunt coming in from the telco. I have setup a parallel hunt group on the cme with a pilot of 2000. I want any call that comes into those analog lines to hit the parallel hunt group. If for some reason, the call is not answered by anyone, I need it to route automatically to a voice mailbox. I have tried to set this up in many different ways and each time, all I get is the system telling me that "there is no mailbox associated with that extension". I need the mailbox to not be tied to a physical phone extension as it will be for general message only.

Thanks for your responses so far,

Jim

I could easily tell you what plar opx does, but my suggestion is that when you don;t know what a command does, you look in the command reference.

CUE is telling you no mailbox because either is set incorrectly, or the hunt-group doesn't set the target extension correctly when sending the call to VM (final). You can check for which extension it sends it with "debug ccsip message" and "term mon".

I ran the debug, but am unable to decypher where it shows what mailbox it is trying to go to. I have attached the capture of the debug output.

To 2000, a number likely to be your pilor number and plar destination

Diversion: <2000>;privacy=off;reason=no-answer;counter=1;screen=no

Next time please don't use attachments.

I tried to create a mailbox for 2000 but that does not work either. I need the calls to go directly to a mailbox without any caller intervention if for some reason the call is not answered. If I set the final destination to the call-in number for the auto att script, it goes to that just fine.

You should able to send to the call to VM without any problem setting final to VM number, and having a working mailbox for 2000.

I can see from your trace that likely you sent to an AA, because a transfer was made to 7600, a typical AA function.

Also: <7600>

Transfer would not happen within VM unless you have 7600 configured as "voicemail operator" and pressed zero.

Before I tought you were using a TCL/IVR script, not CUE, from that I asked for an irrelevant "debug voice" debug.

So, if I am understanding you correctly. I should be able to have a huntgroup pilot of 2000 and then set the final destination to 2000 and setup a mailbox for 2000? Would I just need to associate the mailbox 2000 with an extention/phone  that is not in the huntgroup for it to work properly?

I thought I had tried this but I am guessing I did not have it setup correctly.

jameskuder wrote:

So, if I am understanding you correctly. I should be able to have a huntgroup pilot of 2000 and then set the final destination to 2000 and setup a mailbox for 2000?

Correct. There is no need to associate the mailbox with any phone, just the number is needed. This is better seen if you use CUE CLI instead of GUI.