Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateways MTP

israel.castillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I would like to make sure we are doing the right thing, we have 2 different sites (different cities), 2 gw´s each site.

both sites have MTP´s configured,  and let´s call them site A and site B,  for some reason, when I run "show sccp connection"  I see no connections in gw´s on site A and when I run "show sccp connection" in site B I see a lot of connections. .

WE do have MTP registered in CUCM for site A and site B, I already reset them all, and same thing.

- Telephones use the proper Device Pool for each site, and device pool use their media resource group list

-Also I did "no sccp" and "sccp" in gateways, and same thing.

So, my question is, how do I make sure that site A are using the right MTP´s and site B using the right MTP´s. 

config is right

(config in all gateways for MTP´s)

dspfarm profile X  mtp
codec g711ulaw
codec pass-through
maximum sessions software 500
associate application SCCP

sccp local Loopback0
sccp ccm X.X.X.1 identifier 1 priority 1 version 7.0
sccp ccm X.X.X.2 identifier 2 priority 2 version 7.0
sccp
sccp ccm group 1
associate ccm 1 priority 1
associate ccm 2 priority 2
associate profile 1 register CFB_XXXXX
associate profile 2 register XC_XXXX
associate profile 3 register MTP_XXXXXX

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Quick reminder: For an internal call between the sites, a call would only need a single MTP unless you were doing Trusted Relay Point or RSVP but both of those are uncommon.

The MTP allocation is based on the MRGL membership. Do the Site A phones or Device Pool have an MRGL which contains an MRG of only Site A MTP resource(s)?

Also, to get on my soapbox for a monent: you should not need MTP resources in the vast majority of deployments. Needing an MTP is usually just a bandaid to avoid fixing some other config issue.