Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateways MTP

israel.castillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I would like to make sure we are doing the right thing, we have 2 different sites (different cities), 2 gw´s each site.

both sites have MTP´s configured,  and let´s call them site A and site B,  for some reason, when I run "show sccp connection"  I see no connections in gw´s on site A and when I run "show sccp connection" in site B I see a lot of connections. .

WE do have MTP registered in CUCM for site A and site B, I already reset them all, and same thing.

- Telephones use the proper Device Pool for each site, and device pool use their media resource group list

-Also I did "no sccp" and "sccp" in gateways, and same thing.

So, my question is, how do I make sure that site A are using the right MTP´s and site B using the right MTP´s. 

config is right

(config in all gateways for MTP´s)

dspfarm profile X  mtp
codec g711ulaw
codec pass-through
maximum sessions software 500
associate application SCCP

sccp local Loopback0
sccp ccm X.X.X.1 identifier 1 priority 1 version 7.0
sccp ccm X.X.X.2 identifier 2 priority 2 version 7.0
sccp
sccp ccm group 1
associate ccm 1 priority 1
associate ccm 2 priority 2
associate profile 1 register CFB_XXXXX
associate profile 2 register XC_XXXX
associate profile 3 register MTP_XXXXXX

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Quick reminder: For an internal call between the sites, a call would only need a single MTP unless you were doing Trusted Relay Point or RSVP but both of those are uncommon.

The MTP allocation is based on the MRGL membership. Do the Site A phones or Device Pool have an MRGL which contains an MRG of only Site A MTP resource(s)?

Also, to get on my soapbox for a monent: you should not need MTP resources in the vast majority of deployments. Needing an MTP is usually just a bandaid to avoid fixing some other config issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: